Getting started is quick and easy - all you need is your JHED ID and password. If you don't know your JHED ID, visit this page.
To appear as a contact in PING, please complete the following simple steps:
1. Logon to myJohnsHopkins by supplying your JHED ID and password. Once you've successfully authenticated to the site, click on the myProfile icon. This is located near the top left of your screen.
2. Scroll down the page to the Telecom Pager Number section. Please verify that this number matches that of your Hopkins-issued pager.
- If the number listed here is missing or incorrect, simply enter the correct 10-digit number in the appropriate box and click "Save myProfile," located at the bottom of the page.
3. PING will also allow others to contact you via Cell Phone. This is an optional contact method used in PING, offered for added convenience.
- To activate your cell phone in PING, locate the "Cell Phone" section in myProfile. In the appropriate box, enter your mobile phone number and select your carrier from the carrier drop down menu.
- Within this section, you'll also notice a text link that says, "Click here to allow users to text you from this website." Click this link, which will take you to the text messaging Terms of Service.
- You must accept these in order for PING to send messages to your cell phone. To do so, check the box to the left of the "I agree to Terms of Service" text link and click the "Update" button.
4. Next, click the "Return to My Profile" button. This will take you back to myProfile.
5. Verify that your cell phone information is correct, and click the "Save myProfile" button at the bottom of the screen.