CORUS Frequently Asked Questions
How do I begin a new message?
- Click the blue SEARCH button, located at the top of your CORUS homepage.
- Begin your search by entering the name of person, channel or consult you would like to message.
Why can’t I find myself in CORUS search?
- In CORUS, you cannot send a message to yourself. Because of this, you will not find yourself in search results.
Why did I receive a URL instead of an actual message?
- Recent changes to HIPAA have led to increased security policies. Because of this, text messages sent to cell phones will no longer include message contents.
- For users for whom this workflow is too cumbersome, we will soon offer CORUS Mobile, a smartphone app for iPhone and Android.
What is a direct message?
What is a channel?
- A channel is a pre-defined CORUS group. These are all of the departmental, unit and service-based groups that exist in PING.
- Channel messages are public to members of the room.
Where will I receive mobile notifications such as pages and text messages?
- Channel and direct message notifications will flow to your current preferred PING device. This includes your pager, cell phone or PING Inbox.
When I send a message in a channel, will all channel users be notified?
- Yes. In-browser notifications are attempted first.
- Mobile notifications occur when any of the following statements are TRUE:
- When the CORUS user is offline.
- When the CORUS sender is not a member of the channel to which he or she is sending a message.
- When the CORUS sender includes @userid or @all in the message content.
- When the CORUS recipient has unread messages waiting after 30 seconds.
How will the switch to CORUS affect my notifications?
- CORUS notification settings currently follow your PING preferences.
- Unread CORUS messages will follow the same path that PING currently does, which is to your preferred PING device.
- All notification preferences are managed through myProfile.
I am a PING Inbox user. How will the switch to CORUS affect me?
- CORUS employs a responsive design, so it looks and feels very much like the web version.
- In the coming weeks, PING Inbox users will be the first to receive an invitation to CORUS Mobile.
- For the immediate term, please continue to use your PING Inbox account.
What should I do to prepare myself for the switch to CORUS?
- To prepare, we recommend you login to myJH and review your Preferred PING Device settings within myProfile.
- Verify your current groups in PING are up to date. If they're not, let us know at email@example.com.
Who should I contact if I have further questions?
- Please direct any questions or feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!