Step 1: The Fine Print
JHBox Terms of Service
Use of this service signifies that you have read and understand the terms below and constitutes an agreement on your part to abide these terms. Failure to abide by these terms or Johns Hopkins policies in general may result in the locking, disabling or deletion of your account. These terms incorporate by reference the policies and standards of Johns Hopkins, including without limitation, the Johns Hopkins Information Technology Policies (“JH IT Policies”) (http://www.it.johnshopkins.edu/policies/itpolicies.html). Without regards to the physical location from which you access the JHBox service, your access will be considered use of Johns Hopkins IT Resources as referred to in the Use of IT Resources Policy (http://www.it.johnshopkins.edu/policies/itpolicies.html#UseofIT).
Once you, (the “User”) have accepted the terms below, you will be provided with a link to the JHBox login page. If you do not accept these terms, you are waiving your right to setup and maintain an account on JHBox.
- “JHBox” means Box’s hosted proprietary storage service that provides online file storage and internet file sharing among Users, together with all software provided or made available by Box and/or Johns Hopkins to enable access and use of the service as Covered Personnel (http://www.it.johnshopkins.edu/policies/itpolicies.html#Definitions) or as an invitee by Covered Personnel to access and use JHBox. Except for the rights granted herein there are no right, title, or interest in or to JHBox. Johns Hopkins and/or Box or their licensors retain all proprietary right, title, and interest, including copyright and all other intellectual property rights, in and to JHBox.
- In consideration for your agreement to the terms and conditions herein, Johns Hopkins grants to you, the User, a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferrable license to access and use JHBox.
- Any client system or device (system) used to access JHBox for Johns Hopkins, including personally owned systems, must have appropriate security safeguards in place to protect the system from compromise or misuse.
- The User shall promptly log and report any incidents of noncompliance with or violations of applicable laws, regulations, or JH policies/procedures, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The User shall cooperate fully with any authorized internal JH investigations (e.g. security incident investigations, data breach investigations, fraud investigations, etc.) and routine auditing/monitoring activities. The User may be required to produce any JH or personal systems, devices, or media to authorized JH staff for examination and/or analysis required by the investigation. The User can have no expectation of privacy for any file or other artifact processed, transmitted or stored on JHBox.
- Use of JHBox shall be in full compliance with JH IT Policies with all federal, state, and local laws, including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The User is responsible to ensure that his/her use of JHBox is in compliance with these policies, laws and regulation, including without limitation, the Johns Hopkins Use Policies and are consistent with the standards and principles of intellectual and academic freedom characteristic of a university and health system.
- The User assumes all risks associate with JHBox, including without limitation, loss, breach or corruption of data (e.g. email, documents, media files) or loss of access or use. JHBox utilizes backup technology for disaster recovery only. Files are not backed up on a daily basis. Individual folders and individual files can NOT therefore be restored.
- JH may, from time to time, deem it necessary to make changes to these Terms of Service. In the event JH makes changes, JH will attempt to inform the User that changes have been made to these Terms of Service (except that with respect to any change in another policy or standard incorporated herein). The User, however, has the responsibility to routinely check the following webpage to keep apprised of any changes made to these Terms of Service. Unless otherwise specified, changes will be effective when they are posted to such web page. If you do not agree with any changes that have been made to these Terms of Service in the interim, your sole and exclusive remedy will be to terminate your use of JHBox.
Additional Requirements for Restricted Data
- “Restricted” information means any information classified as “Restricted” under the Electronic Information Classification Policy (http://www.it.johnshopkins.edu/policies/itpolicies.html#Classification) or otherwise deemed sensitive or confidential by the JH data owner or steward.
- The JHBox enterprise account is the only Box account authorized to use for Restricted data, and that use of any other Box accounts (e.g. Personal, Starter, Business, etc.) for storing Restricted data is prohibited.
- It is prohibited to use any similar Internet-based file sharing systems (such as Dropbox, Google Docs, OneDrive, etc.) for storing Restricted information, unless the system has been formally approved by IT@JH (email@example.com)
- JHBox may not be used to store credit card numbers or other data subject to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) or the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
- JHBox must not to be utilized as an official medical record. Any use for clinical care purposes must be in compliance with the policies and standards of Johns Hopkins Medicine Clinical Practice Manual for Medical Records (https://hpo.johnshopkins.edu/hopkins/policies/39/112/policy_112.pdf?_=0.970749296006).
- It is prohibited to download or sync Restricted information (including Electronic Protected Health Information) stored in JHBox to systems or devices not managed by authorized information technology staffs of JH.