NOTE: If you are a postdoctoral fellow, please ask your departmental or LAN administrator which email account you should have (Outlook/Exchange, JHEM, or Office 365). This page is for Office 365 accounts only.
Opt-In to Office 365
You have selected to OPT-IN to the Office 365 e-mail system. By agreeing to the Office 365 Terms of Service at the bottom of this screen, an Office 365 e-mail account will be created and your JHEM mailbox will be disabled within the next couple of weeks.
Your Office 365 mailbox will be created within the next hour. You can access your Office 365 account by selecting the Messaging quick link in the Johns Hopkins portal when it becomes available.
Click on the Office 365 quick link to preform the Office 365 First Time login process.
To find out more about Office 365 please visit http://www.it.johnshopkins.edu/services/email/Office365/
Office 365 Terms of Service
1. Office 365, as operated by Microsoft Corporation for the Johns Hopkins University ("JHU"), is a web-based e-mail, messaging, calendaring, and data storage service. Office 365 is available only to those users found in the Johns Hopkins Enterprise Directory (JHED) and is accessible via an authorized personal computer or workstation having a communications connection (e.g. Local Area Network (LAN) connection, modem, DSL or cable modem).
2. CAREFULLY READ the terms of this agreement, which governs your use of the Office 365 system. JHU may modify this agreement at any time and in any manner. Your continued use of the Office 365 system following any modification to this Agreement shall be conclusively deemed an acceptance of all such modification(s).
3. Violation of the terms of this agreement is grounds for disciplinary action, which could include but is not limited to verbal and written warnings, revocation of access privileges, termination of employment or student status, and criminal prosecution.
4. The Office 365 system is for the private use of authorized users in the conduct of JHU business. You ("User") agree not to use the system for any other purpose.
5. User understands that an account authorizing access to the Office 365 system is granted to an individual on an as-needed basis and that sharing of accounts and disclosure of passwords to unauthorized personnel is expressly forbidden. User acknowledges that he or she is solely responsible for all actions resulting from the use of his or her account.
Prohibited Uses and Behaviors
6. User expressly agrees not to use the Office 365 system in a manner that is prohibited by any law, regulation, or JHU policy or to facilitate the violation of any law, regulation, or JHU policy. User further agrees not to use the Office 365 system in a manner that will disrupt third parties' use or enjoyment of the Office 365 system or other communications services and outlets. User acknowledges that prohibited conduct includes, but is not limited to: use of the Office 365 system for any commercial purpose, use of the Office 365 system to invade the privacy of third parties, posting via e-mail or other medium abusive, profane, libelous, slanderous, threatening or otherwise harassing material, posting or propagation of chain letters, posting or propagation of "SPAM" or other unsolicited commercial material, and manipulation of routing information and/or message/packet headers for the purpose of obfuscating the packet or message origin.
7. User acknowledges that mass posting (the transmission of a single message to a large number recipients or the transmission of extremely large messages or multiple, substantially similar messages to any number of recipients, whether solicited, noncommercial, or otherwise) imposes a tremendous burden on the Office 365 system because of its excessive use of disk space and network bandwidth. User agrees not to engage in such transmissions, unless prior approval is granted by either the JH University Office of Public Affairs or the JH Medicine Office of Public Affairs.
Security and Monitoring
8. Use of the Office 365 system constitutes consent to monitoring at all times. If monitoring of this or any other JHU computer system reveals possible evidence of violation of criminal statutes, this evidence and any other related information, including identification information about User, may be provided to law enforcement officials. If monitoring of this or any other JHU computer system reveals violations of security regulations or unauthorized use, this evidence and any other related information may be provided to appropriate JHU management officials.
9. User agrees not to violate, tamper with, or attempt to circumvent the security of the Office 365 system, or to use the Office 365 system to violate, tamper with, or attempt to circumvent the security of any system accessible through the Office 365 system.
10. JHU reserves the right to restrict or deny access and service to any entity which, in the sole opinion of JHU, poses unnecessary risk or burden to JHU Mail systems.
Protection of Information
11. User understands that information available through the Office 365 system may be confidential or proprietary and expressly agrees to actively protect such information from unauthorized disclosure. User further understands that all information available through the Office 365 system, whether confidential, proprietary, or otherwise, is disseminated only on a "need to know" basis and that the ability to access any piece of information, in and of itself, does not authorize access to that information.
12. Material accessible to User through the Office 365 system may be copyrighted. Except as expressly permitted by the copyright holder of the material, User may not reproduce, redistribute, retransmit, publish or otherwise transfer, or commercially exploit, any material which they access or receive through the Office 365 system.
Notification and Cooperation
13. User agrees to immediately notify JHU email systems management of any known, suspected, or potential unauthorized access to or use of any confidential or proprietary information, Office 365 system, or third-party system accessed through the Office 365 system.
14. User agrees to cooperate with JHU email systems management in the investigation of any known, suspected, or potential unauthorized access to or use of confidential or proprietary information, Office 365 system, or third-party system accessed through the Office 365 system.
System Resources and Capacity Management
15. User understands and agrees to the following storage limitations of the Office 365 system. System resources such as disk space are associated with a cost and it is our desire to allocate the space so that it meets service levels and yet is cost effective. The user, therefore, agrees to maintain their personal Office 365 account and associated disk space within the following quotas:
Terms of Service, November 15, 2013