The following tools are available to Peabody and Johns Hopkins students, faculty, and staff to help promote online collaboration. For help, visit the JHU Instructional Technologies Help Page at: http://www.it.johnshopkins.edu/help/online_support/instructionalhelp.html.
Blackboard is the supported course management system for Johns Hopkins University. Peabody offers blackboard support and training for faculty interested in taking advantage of the JHU Blackboard offerings. Blackboard is located athttps://blackboard.jhu.edu. Consult the Staff & Faculty Workshop Schedule here and sign up to attend a training.
Adobe Connect is a synchronous collaboration platform offered by Johns Hopkins. This tool can be used by any JHU faculty, staff, or student at no cost. Adobe Connect is located at https://connect.johnshopkins.edu.
HD Video Conferencing
Peabody owns two Polycom HDX 9000 high definition video conferencing units. These units support video conferencing with compatible systems accross the world, and allow for real-time collaboration and instruction. One of the units is permanently installed in the Marbury conference room, the other is portable and can be used in an "on-demand" fashion.
Allows employees to work together within the Johns Hopkins Institutions and with external colleagues. These tools include:
Classroom Technology Standards
The baseline technology level for a Peabody Technology Classroom is as follows:
- Large digital video display (either large LED or Epson Brightlink)
- Mac Mini Computer with Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
- Connectivity for audio devices - stereo mini jack and RCA
- Connectivity for video devices and laptops - HDMI
- USB Speakerphone and Web Cam
Classrooms currently supporting the Peabody Classroom Technology Standards:
- Peabody Living Center Classroom B
- Peabody Living Center 5th Floor Classroom
- Peabody ITS Technology Center in Unger Lounge