- The bug that was impacting Deletion Manager in the latest version of Internet Explorer 11 has been corrected. Thank you for your patience. Please submit a Help Desk ticket if additional assistance is needed.
- A new tool is available under Adhoc/SOR Mgr called Security Lock. This allows JHED Administrators to lock a single-affiliated* JHED account under the admin's department access. Normally a call would be made to the Help Desk when there is a security concern and the Enterprise Directory Team would lock the account. This tool allows JHED Administrators to perform this task, however, it should only be used for security concerns and not as a normal method of de-provisioning the account. For normal terminations a deletion process is already in place which allows for appropriate notifications before the account is locked. This tool is monitored and actions logged. It is extremely important to use the tool carefully and a terms of service acceptance is required to use the tool. Please read all of the terms of service carefully before accepting.
* JHED records can be supplied by multiple systems of records. These are referred to as affiliations. If a person has data coming from multiple system of record (multi-affiliated), we cannot lock the record. We can, however, disconnect the affiliation associated with the terminated position prior to that termination being sent by the system of record. Multi-affiliated records are not available to lock through the Security Lock Tool and a message will guide the JHED Admin to contact the Help Desk. You can check to see what affiliations a record has by viewing the record in the JHED Admin Toolkit. The affiliations are shown as tabbed pages to the right of myProfile.
- The Deletion Manager has been updated with a new option to "Disable Immediately". This will allow a JHED Administrator to override the 7-day deletion process if needed. Records remain in the Deletion Mgr for 7 days after termination (or sponsored account expiration). If you wish to push a record through the Deletion Mgr immediately to bypass the 7-day queue, click the “Disable Immediately” button. This will trigger the removal of the record from the queue and will lock the JHED record. Please use this option carefully as some people may be switching to another department and should not lose access within the 7 day deletion period. Please allow approximately 20 minutes after clicking the button for the record to be removed from Deletion Mgr and locked in JHED.
Be sure to view the Help section if you are new to the Toolkit or if you have any questions. If you do not find your answers within the help section, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible to assist.
- To create a JHED account, click on Adhoc/SOR Manager and click the link to Add User To JHED.
- The Office of International Services at Homewood is the point of contact for International Affiliates entering the United States whom require a JHED account but do not have an SSN and will not be in a system-of-record, such as Payroll or ISIS (students.) This office can be reached at 667 208-7001.
- The Directory Team can issue Temp SSNs for contractors and vendors. Please contact the Helpdesk by calling 410 955-4357 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Expiration date is a rolling six months. You can only extend an account for up to six months at a time.
- Security Lock Tool allows JHED Administrators to immediately lock single-affiliated JHED accounts when there is a security concern. The terms of service that must be accepted before using the tool explains the use of the tool. Please read carefully.
- Use this tool to extend records that are in their final week prior to expiration
- 'Save' a person who has been removed from a system of record but still needs to remain in the directory. Saving them via this tool will change thier status to Adhoc and you will be the sponsor.
- Records remain in the Deletion Mgr for 7 days after termination (or sponsored account expiration). If you wish to push a record through the Deletion Mgr immediately to bypass the 7-day queue, click the “Disable Immediately” button. This will trigger the removal of the record from the queue and will lock the JHED record. Please allow approximately 20 minutes after clicking the button for the record to be removed from Deletion Mgr and locked in JHED.
- Updates to records within the Tookit may take 15 - 20 minutes to appear in the front-end JHED search.